At Axpona this year we proved that a surround sound system built of top quality yet affordable audio components could be right at home amid very expensive high-end audiophile equipment. We were one of only a few home theater exhibits at the show this year, and, from the turnout and comments, it seems that we impressed a lot of people – and that a lot of audiophiles are interested in really good quality immersive surround sound.
Our system for the show delivered truly impressive sound in a room about 30′ x 30′ using a pair of our large Airmotiv T2 towers for the front left and right speakers, a set of four of our Airmotiv T1 towers for the surrounds and rear surrounds, and our new Airmotiv C2 center channel speaker for the center. Four of our Airmotiv S15 subs arranged across the front, and an additional pair of Airmotiv S10 subs at the sides provided impressive amounts of earth shaking special effects for movies, and superb musical bass for our audio demonstrations. Each of our four height channels was delivered by a custom array of four of our Airmotiv T1 surround speakers, mounted at precise angles to ensure smooth 360 degree coverage.
We offered two different choices for system amplification….
Our high-powered option included:
- For the front three channels, one of our new XPA-Gen3 DR3M amplifiers, featuring a set of three of our latest fully differential amplifier modules, each delivering 450 Watts RMS/channel into 8 Ohms.
- For the remaining eight channels, a pair of our XPA-Gen3 amplifiers, each stocked with four of our powerful standard output modules, and each delivering 200 Watts RMS/channel.
- Each of the Airmotiv subs featured its own internal high quality Class A/B amplifier (350 Watts for the Airmotiv S10s and 650 Watts for the S15s).
The “low power” option featured:
- A single XPA-Gen3 chassis, loaded with three standard output modules for the front three channels, each delivering 200 Watts RMS/channel, and four stereo modules, for a total of eight channels for the surround and height speakers, at 75 Watts RMS/channel.
- As with the other option, each of the Airmotiv subs featured its own internal high quality Class A/B amplifier (350 Watts for the Airmotiv S10s and 650 Watts for the S15s).
The post Emotiva Wows Axpona 2017 With Immersive Surround Sound System appeared first on Emotiva Audio Corporation.