We’re pleased to announce that, after careful consideration, we’ve figured out a way to sweeten the deal for XMC-1 owners who wish to upgrade to Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Instead of adding four additional unbalanced output channels to your existing XMC-1, our new plan will enable you to upgrade to a new processor! This new model offers sixteen balanced output channels for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, along with enhanced performance and features. The cost to you is the same price as we’d initially planned to charge for the less comprehensive upgrade. We think this new plan is a clear win-win situation for both Emotiva and our loyal customers.
As you probably know, we’ve planned all along to offer XMC-1 owners an upgrade path that would enable them to upgrade their XMC-1 to support Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Our original plan was to offer this upgrade in the form of a replacement processor board. The planned processor upgrade would have required factory installation, would have only been available on units with the latest 4k HDMI video board already installed, and would have added four additional unbalanced audio outputs – for a total of 7.2.4 channels - which could be used to provide up to four additional height channels for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Owners of older XMC-1 units, which did not include the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video card, would have been required to purchase the 4k HDMI video upgrade as a prerequisite to obtaining the processor upgrade.
We have officially discontinued sales of the XMC-1, and are in the process of ramping up production on its replacement – the XMC-2. The XMC-2 is a new and improved model, which includes a full sixteen channels of Dolby Atmos and DTS-X support, all with balanced audio outputs, as well as the latest 4k HDMI video support, enhanced performance, and a fully redesigned front panel and control system.
After carefully analyzing all the options and taking into account the features our customers ask for the most, we decided that it didn’t make sense to upgrade current XMC-1, as the level of its performance would still fall short of what the XMC-2 has to offer. Since we always do our best to provide our customers the best possible performance at the best possible price, we have changed our upgrade plans. Instead of offering current XMC-1 owners the option of upgrading their existing XMC-1 unit to support Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, we’re offering current XMC-1 owners the opportunity to TRADE IN their old XMC-1 for a brand new XMC-2, with support for the latest 4k HDMI video, a full sixteen channels of balanced audio output for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, and Dirac room correction.
Why did we do this? While this is an unbelievable win for our customers since the out of pocket cost is the same as the original upgrade path - plus you'll also get the advanced decoding and technical features that come along with the new 16-channel XMC-2 in a brand new unit that comes with a fully transferable brand new five-year warranty. This new direction is also a win for us because we avoid the extra expense and complexity of designing and supporting a separate firmware and hardware program for the old XMC-1, which uses a significantly different internal architecture.
For customers looking to move up our more advanced platforms, we will offer the same trade in allowance on the new RMC-1 and RMC-1L models.
Your cost for upgrading your XMC-1 under the same trade-in terms for these two models is as follows:
RMC-1 trade-in price is $2999.00
RMC-1L trade-in price is $1999.00
If you own an XMC-1 will the Gen3 4K video board, additional discounts will apply in the same manner as the XMC-2 upgrade.
Please note the following important details:
1) To be eligible for this upgrade, you must be the current owner of a working XMC-1, with a valid warranty registered in your name. That includes anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 directly from us, anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 from one of our authorized dealers or distributors, and anyone who purchased their XMC-1 used, from a legitimate owner, and has had the warranty transferred to their name.*
2) Your XMC-1 must be in good condition, and may not have been subject to unauthorized modifications, obvious abuse, or acts of nature like damage due to lightning strikes or power surges .**
3) To take advantage of this trade-in offer, your original XMC-1 must be returned to our factory here in the USA, and your new XMC-2 will be shipped to you from this location.
- US customers will be charged an additional flat-rate shipping fee of $50, which will cover the cost of shipping your original XMC-1 to us and shipping your new XMC-2 back to you. If you need original packaging, we have it available at a nominal cost. Units will not be accepted in non-factory packaging.
- International customers will be responsible for the cost of shipping their original XMC-1 to us and will be charged the actual cost of shipping their new XMC-2 to them. (For international customers who are curious, the originally planned upgrade board was going to be a factory installation, so this new plan and associated costs are exactly the same as well.)
The standard upgrade price for trading in your XMC-1 for a new XMC-2 will be USD $1000.00 – plus shipping.
(This is the same as the planned combined cost of the XMC-1 HDMI 4k and XMC-1 Dolby Atmos upgrade boards.)
- This upgrade is available to all current XMC-1 owners, regardless of how you obtained your XMC-1, as long as your XMC-1 has a valid warranty registered in your name.
- If you purchased your XMC-1 for the full retail price of $2499, and it included the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video option at the time you purchased it (the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option), you will be eligible to trade it in for a new XMC-2 for $601.00 plus shipping.
- If you initially purchased your XMC-1 with the original HDMI 1.4b video option, or the older single-input 4k video card, and later purchased the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video upgrade
(the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option) separately for it at a cost of $399, you will be eligible to trade it in for a new XMC-2 for $601 plus shipping.
(*) All new Emotiva products include a transferrable warranty, which we consider to be a valuable part of your purchase. This warranty ensures that you will receive the support you deserve and will be able to continue to enjoy your Emotiva gear for many years. If you purchase an Emotiva product on the used market and it is still under the factory warranty period, you should expect the current owner to transfer the remainder of their warranty to you. Eligibility for certain offers, as well as warranty coverage itself, will depend on our ability to verify your status as a valid owner. (Note that certain factory renewed products, and certain clearance products, may be sold with a limited warranty. If so, this limited warranty will be clearly noted as a condition of sale.)
(**) While we do not require your XMC-1 to be in as-new condition to be eligible for this trade-in offer, we do reserve the right to disqualify units that have been subject to obvious abuse or serious cosmetic damage – at our sole discretion. If there is any doubt, we may request additional information to confirm the condition of your XMC-1 before trading it in.
All trade-in eligibility is at our sole discretion. Any missing accessories, such as remote controls, measurement microphones, original packaging, etc. will be charged to you in addition to the trade in cost.