- Specs and Downloads
The Airmotiv A1 AirSpace™ is designed to be used as a wall-mounted or ceiling-reflecting height or surround speaker, with both standard surround sound systems and immersive surround sound technologies like Dolby Atmos® and DTS-X™.
The A1 AirSpace™ is a two-way loudspeaker, featuring a 32 mm Airmotiv folded ribbon tweeter for crystal clear treble, and a 4 inch woven fiber woofer for smooth, highly intelligible midrange and upper bass. The Airmotiv A1 is carefully voiced to work seamlessly with our other Airmotiv speakers, and can be configured as either a direct firing surround sound or height speaker, or as a height speaker whose output is reflected from the ceiling.
Typically, when configured as a wall-mounted direct-firing surround or height speaker, the A1 will be mounted using the included keyway mounting bracket, and equipped with the included flat grille. When used as a ceiling bounce speaker, the A1 is placed on the top of one of your main speakers, with its active drivers facing the ceiling, angled toward the listener. The rear panel switch is then used to select the optimum frequency contour for ceiling bounce use, and the flat grille is replaced with the included directivity control grille, which provides a dispersion pattern that has been carefully optimized to minimize crosstalk and deliver excellent localization with reflective speakers.
Airmotiv Passive Loudspeakers: Music Runs in the Family
Your speakers are the single most important component in your audio system; they’re the part that turns a simple electrical signal into the emotional experience that is music. Great speakers can transform an audio system that’s merely good into one that can deliver a truly transcendent listening experience. Our new Airmotiv passive loudspeakers represent the culmination of years of research and experience in producing both home and professional loudspeakers, and were designed from the ground up with this critical mission in mind. They were designed from the start to be equally at home in an audiophile stereo system or a high-end home theater, and combine excellent technical performance, superb sound quality, elegant good looks, and excellent value. Our design philosophy is simple: If a speaker can reproduce the entire audible spectrum, as accurately as possible, with very little distortion or coloration, then it will sound good – whether you’re playing classical music, rock, or your favorite blockbuster movie.
All of the members of our Airmotiv Passive Loudspeaker family combine meticulous design, extensive testing, and in-depth listening tests with a wide variety of musical material, to deliver the best possible technical performance and sound quality. Our Airmotiv™ high-frequency transducers deliver flat frequency response, low distortion, virtually nonexistent signal compression, smooth off-axis response, superb transparency, and uncanny imaging. Advanced woven fiber midrange drivers deliver smooth frequency response, and detailed lifelike midrange with very low coloration, and our woofers include high-temperature voice coils and vented pole pieces to ensure crisp bass at all listening levels. Carefully designed precision crossovers, crafted with audiophile quality film capacitors, air core inductors, and precision resistors in critical locations, tie it all together. And, finally, our custom cabinets are crafted from thick, heavily braced, acoustically inert HDF to ensure maximum rigidity and resistance to stray vibration, with a front panel machined from a solid slab of 25mm HDF. The faceted front panel design, borrowed from our studio monitors, not only adds a stylishly futuristic look to our Airmotiv speakers, but also serves a very practical purpose – to minimize diffraction effects and room interactions.
Airmotiv Sound Quality
Of course, the goal of all that design and testing is to produce a speaker that sounds really great and, after extensive listening tests, we’re pleased to report that our new Airmotiv Passive Loudspeakers sound truly superb with all types of music – from individual vocalists and intimate jazz ensembles, to full classical orchestras, to heavy metal bands and synthetic electronica. Just pair your Airmotiv Loudspeakers with any high-quality power amplifier (we think ours sound especially good), and you’ll get perfectly balanced sound, with outstanding clarity, and superb rendition of even the finest details. All of the speakers in the Airmotiv Passive Loudspeaker family are carefully timbre matched to work well together and to deliver a cohesive audio image in any stereo or surround sound installation.
Phenomenal sound quality and great specs alone don’t make a great speaker, which is why we’ve included a long list of practical and convenient operational features on our Airmotiv Loudspeakers. The front bezel is finished with multiple coats of attractive satin finish black lacquer, which looks elegant while resisting fingerprints and scratches, and the sides are covered with tough, good-looking textured black vinyl. And, for those of you who prefer to keep their technology under wraps, all of our new Airmotiv speakers include removable, magnetically-attached, grilles.
A Superb Speaker Starts With Great Drivers
- Our state-of-the-art Airmotiv™ folded ribbon high-frequency transducer delivers exceptionally flat on-axis frequency response, smooth off-axis response, low distortion, virtually nonexistent signal compression, amazing transparency, and uncanny imaging.
- The advanced 4” woven fiber low/mid frequency driver, featuring a high-temperature voice coil and vented pole piece, delivers solid bass, and a smooth response across the critical midrange frequencies, with very little coloration and superb detail.
A Superb Speaker Starts With Great Drivers
- The Airmotiv A1 AirSpace™ is designed to work perfectly as either a direct firing or ceiling reflected surround or height speaker.
- For use as a direct firing surround or height speaker, simply mount the A1 using the included keyway mounting bracket, and install the flat grill.
- For use as a ceiling reflected height speaker, place the A1 on top of your main speaker, replace the flat grill with the included directivity control grill, and select the optimized midrange contour using the switch on the rear panel.
A Well Designed, Attractive, and Practical Cabinet
- A scaled-down version of our Minimal Acoustic Signature™ cabinet, with its faceted baffle, minimizes room interactions and reduces edge diffraction, giving you exceptionally clean transient performance and precise imaging.
- Acoustically inert HDF cabinets, with extensive bracing, serve to further reduce vibrations, and contribute to the Airmotiv speaker’s clean precise imaging.
- Several coats of satin-finish lacquer give the front bezel of the Airmotiv speakers an elegant understated appearance, while a tough yet attractive vinyl covering protects the sides and rear from damage and fingerprints.
- An attractive black cloth grille complements the futuristic contours of the Airmotiv A1, and provides a convenient way to keep your technology under wraps. The grille is magnetically attached, and is easily removed for cleaning – or for showing your Airmotiv speakers off to your audiophile friends.
Precision Crossover and Flexible Connection Options
The precision crossover, carefully designed and optimized to provide perfect synergy with the drivers and cabinet of the Airmotiv A1, features audiophile quality film capacitors, air core inductors, and precision resistors in critical locations.
Great Sound – Now And For Years To Come
Meticulous design, extensive testing, and in-depth listening tests with a wide variety of musical material, ensure that the Airmotiv A1 delivers both excellent technical performance and superb sound quality.
High-quality parts and conservative design ensure that your Airmotiv A1’s will sound great the day you purchase them, and for years to come.
Full five-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your Airmotiv A1 Loudspeakers for years to come.
High frequency driver: 32 mm Airmotiv folded ribbon tweeter. Low frequency driver: 4 inch woven fiber cone. Cabinet type: Sealed.
Efficiency: 85 dB (2.83V/1m). Power handling: 60W continuous / 120W peak. Nominal impedance: 4 ohms. Frequency response (switch in flat position): 75 Hz - 28 kHz (+3/-3 dB). Boost (switch in +3 dB position, recommended for reflection mode): approximately +3 dB @ 7 kHz.
Dimensions: 10 inches long x 6-1/8 inches wide x 5-1/8 inches thick. Weight: 7.5 pounds.
Mounting (configuration #1): Wall mounted (rear bracket with keyway and rubber feet provided). Mounting (configuration #2): Facing upwards to reflect off ceiling (rubber feet provided).
Grille: Black cloth over a rigid frame; attaches securely with powerful magnets for easy removal. (Two interchangeable grills provides: flat grill and contoured directivity control grill).
Audio Built for You
We invest heavily in quality, design, and engineering to assure you that every Emotiva product will deliver best in class performance.
30 day risk free trial
No-hassle return policy. We’ll issue you an RMA number with the return instructions.
Systems that work together
Every Emotiva product has been designed and engineered to work seamlessly together.
*All reviews have been incentivized