- Specs & Downloads
The Airmotiv SE8 Flex Subwoofer is an exceptionally capable compact powered subwoofer that features a heavy-duty 8” downward-firing woofer coupled to a forward-firing passive radiator — driven by an efficient, cool-running 200 watt Class D amplifier. The Airmotiv SE8 Subwoofer delivers plenty of clean low bass to add authority to the lowest octaves of your favorite music, with enough raw power to shake the floor when a movie soundtrack calls for it. Compact enough to fit conveniently in a typical den or living room, the cabinet of the Airmotiv SE8 is covered in attractive and durable textured black vinyl, with all connections and controls located discreetly on the rear. The front baffle features a beautiful, removable sculpted fabric grille.
In addition to excellent sound quality and a compact footprint, the Airmotiv SE8 features exceptionally versatile and flexible configuration options. The Airmotiv SE8 can connect to the LFE output on a home theater preamp/processor or AVR, line outputs on a preamp, or directly to the speaker outputs of an AVR or stereo receiver that doesn’t include a sub output. The Airmotiv SE8 also includes a built-in precision electronic crossover and can upgrade any stereo preamp or DAC to a fully capable 2.1 channel system. Rear panel controls for Level, Phase, Crossover Frequency, and Turn-On Mode allow you to configure it to work perfectly with the rest of your system.
If you want the absolute best in sound quality, no system is complete without a high-quality subwoofer. Emotiva Airmotiv Subwoofers are designed to sound great with both music and movies. They combine the raw power necessary to reproduce the sound of a rocket taking off, or the roar of a speeding locomotive, with the precision and finesse you need to hear the subtlest details in a complex bass line.
The Airmotiv SE8 Flex Subwoofer is the newest member of our family of Airmotiv subwoofers. Each Airmotiv sub includes a downward-firing heavy duty high excursion powered bass driver, a front-mounted performance-matched high excursion passive radiator, and a powerful audiophile quality amplifier. The cabinet of the Airmotiv SE8 is crafted of heavily braced acoustically inert MDF, with integral shock-absorbing feet, and the entire cabinet is coated with durable yet attractive textured vinyl. The understated design aesthetic, includes an attractive removable sculpted fabric grill and blends well with almost any decor. All of the controls and connections are located conveniently out of sight on the rear panel.
Audiophile Quality Electronics
· The efficient, audiophile quality, Class-D amplifier provides 200 watts RMS of clean power to drive the Airmotiv SE8 to satisfying listening levels.
· An effective but transparent audio limiter ensures that the Airmotiv SE8 always sounds good, but is almost impossible to overdrive.
· The SE8 can be configured to remain on, to be switched on manually, or to automatically switch itself on when it senses music at its inputs.
· Both speaker level and line-level inputs for maximum flexibility and compatibility with a wide variety of different systems.
· Rear panel controls allow you to configure the Level, Crossover Frequency, and Phase for a perfect match with the rest of your system.
· Internal 2.1 channel precision line-level crossover for use with preamps, DACs, and other audio sources that don’t otherwise support a subwoofer - allowing you to add fully active bass management to systems that don’t already include it. Simply connect the output of your preamp or DAC to the Flex Sub, and then connect the line-level outputs of the Flex Sub to the inputs of your power amp. Low-frequency content is routed directly to the internal amp on the Flex Sub, while the remainder of the audio spectrum is routed to your main power amp, and are both controlled by the fully active bass management in the Flex Sub.
Everything Starts With Great Drivers
· 8” heavy-duty long-throw subwoofer with vented steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
· 8” passive radiator, with rubber surround, steel frame, and treated paper cone.
A Great Subwoofer Needs A Great Cabinet
· A heavy, acoustically inert, MDF cabinet keeps distracting cabinet noises and vibration to an absolute minimum.
· Integral feet, with non-slip decoupling pads, protect delicate floors, and ensure that your Airmotiv SE8 Sub will stay exactly where you want it.
· The exterior of the Airmotiv SE8 is covered in attractive yet durable textured vinyl
Active driver: 8” downward firing heavy duty long throw subwoofer with a vented steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
Passive radiator: 8” front firing passive radiator with a steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
Amplifier: 200 Watt RMS, cool running, audiophile quality, high efficiency Class D
Protection: Acoustically transparent limiter.
Frequency response: 33 Hz - 200 Hz (+/- 3 dB).
Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA inputs
LFE unbalanced RCA input
Speaker level left and right inputs
Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA stereo inputs
(with user-configurable 60/80/100 Hz high-pass bass management crossover).
X-Over Frequency (low-pass)
High-pass Crossover Frequency
AC power: User selectable line voltage;
115 VAC/60 Hz (6.3A Fuse); 230 VAC/50 Hz (3A Fuse).
Cabinet: Heavy, acoustically inert MDF cabinet, covered on all sides with tough
attractive textured vinyl. Includes a removable sculpted fabric grill with heavy vibration resistant MDF support frame.
Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
Enclosure Loading: Tuned passive radiator.
11-3/4” high x 11-3/4” wide x 11-3/4” deep unboxed.
17" x 17" x 17" boxed.
(add ¾” for grill; add 1-1/2” for feet)
Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
19.2 lbs unboxed.
25 lbs boxed.
The Airmotiv SE8 Flex Sub can be configured in a variety of different ways, making it the perfect solution for adding a subwoofer to virtually any surround sound system, or for adding a subwoofer and bass management to almost any two-channel system.
- System Configuration #1: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with built-in bass management and a subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #2: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with a subwoofer output, but with no built-in bass management.
- System Configuration #3: A stereo preamp or processor that has line-level connections to a separate power amp but lacks a separate subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #4: An AVR or integrated amplifier that has no line level outputs or internal bass management.
- System Configuration #5: You have a stereo receiver or integrated amplifier, which has no subwoofer output or bass management, and that you wish to use with a subwoofer and a separate power amplifier.
Airmotiv SE8 Subwoofer User Manual
Audio Built for You
We invest heavily in quality, design, and engineering to assure you that every Emotiva product will deliver best in class performance.
30 day risk free trial
No-hassle return policy. We’ll issue you an RMA number with the return instructions.
Systems that work together
Every Emotiva product has been designed and engineered to work seamlessly together.
2.1 setup - NAD D3020 Hybrid Integrated amplifer, 30 W per channel powering a pair of Pioneer BS22-LR speakers. Primarily used with the USB / Optical audio from a Mac Mini streaming Apple Music. This absolutely hits the sweet spot. Size is just right to tuck under my workstation, sounds great for music and movies, and takes the low-end load off of your bookshelf speakers (the Pioneers sound pretty good on their low end even without the sub). Right out of the box, this completely changes the soundscape. I wish I'd picked this up earlier!! I didn't know what I missing.
The flexbility of the sub is amazing, LFE options, RCA from the pre-amp/DAC then to the power amp. Or straight up banana plugs in there. It's punches quite literally way above its price range in terms of bass performance and flexibility of use. Definitely pair it with the B1+
This is my first subwoofer and i've gotta say, it's FAR exceeded my expectations! - High Pass FIlter for 60hz, 80hz, and 100hz ( I recommend keeping it at 60 so you don't have to worry about localization issues, provided your speakers can comfortably hit 60hz) - far more than enough power for my setup at a desk - IT SOUNDS GOOD! Bass isn't sloppy or boomy, it's pretty tight and hits with good authority - in my listening position i get audible extension to 31hz which seems right for the advertised 33hz The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is that the with the front firing radiator and the bottom firing driver, even minimal volume makes the cabinet transfer vibrations to my floor and desk pretty easily. I don't hate it, some might even love it, and it's a solvable issue with a few bucks. Just something to keep in mind! If what you need is a small subwoofer that hits hard for movies, and sounds good for music, AND has a high pass filter to take some of the low-end load off of your bookshelf speakers or otherwise, and you've got a budget of $300? I don't see why anyone would get literally anything else. Dear Emotiva, PLEASE bring the High Pass Filter switch to your higher end subwoofers! It would simplify SO MANY listening setups and you would dominate the competition with just that feature alone.
This is a value packed small subwoofer. Pros + Value - Punches above it's weight and has great sound quality for the price + Quality - The vinyl finish and grill are much nicer than anything I've seen at almost twice the price + Flexibility - The built in variable high pass cross over was just the ticket to make my budget bedroom system full range. Also its small size makes placement and setup easier than a larger sub + Performance - Not so much in shear output, but the quality of all the components and design mean this thing sounds good. + Company - I love Emotiva as a company, their engineering, direct to customer sales, and in the USA support are the reason they are on my short list for every component they offer. Cons (not really) - With a woofer on one side a passive radiator on the other and plate amp on the back, one does need to be mindful of how they pick up the sub and place for setup. - We always want more for less and physics don't care who's name is on the box. It would be nice to have a lower -F3 and more quality in the tone can be heard on more expensive subwoofers. - In general, when ever I install any sub I always want two. Multi sub is the only way to add any sub woofer and get bass to sound "right" throughout the listening space. Just buy it, especially if you have any Emotiva bucks, you will not be disapointed.
*All reviews have been incentivized