When you’re an Emotiva customer, you are family – and if you’re an original or registered owner of our award-winning previous generation processor, the XMC-1, we have a sweet deal for upgrading to the RMC-1 platform. The XMC-1 eliminated many of the compromises and expanded the boundaries around what was possible for home theater and surround sound. The RMC-1 takes it to the next level.
We’re offering a $2000 trade-in value for an XMC-1 (about 75%-100% of the retail value, when they were originally sold new) towards a brand-new RMC-1. That’s 40% off retail price. Yes, you read that correctly.
Another benefit to this program, aside from you being able to upgrade to the best pre-pro on the market, is that we’re creating a way to upcycle and reuse the XMC-1s that are traded in. We’re doing our part to cut down on waste when we’re all wanting to upgrade to the latest and greatest software and technologies. We’re taking the guilt out of obsolescence.
We’ll be contacting you to arrange your trade-in after your purchase the upgrade. Please review the rules and conditions below to make sure that you qualify.
To be eligible for this upgrade, you must be the current owner of a working XMC-1, with a valid warranty registered in your name. That includes anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 directly from us, anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 from one of our authorized dealers or distributors, and anyone who purchased their XMC-1 used, from a legitimate owner, and has had the warranty transferred to their name.*
Terms and conditions:
- If you purchased your XMC-1 for the full retail price of $2,499.00, and it included the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video option at the time you bought it (the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option), you will be eligible to trade it in for an RMC-1 for a discount at $2600 + $50 shipping.
- If you initially purchased your XMC-1 with the original HDMI 1.4b video option, or the older single-input 4k video card, and later purchased the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video upgrade (the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option) separately for it at the cost of $399.00, you will be eligible to trade it in for an RMC-1 for a discount at$2600 + $50 shipping.
- If you qualify for a v3 HDMI 2.0b video board discount, simply select the option at checkout. We will verify that your XMC-1 has the board when we get it back for your trade.
- TRADE INS ARE FINAL SALE. The 30-day trial does not apply. You will not get your XMC-1 back once its received by Emotiva, and you do not get a 30-day trial on the RMC-1 purchase.
- Your XMC-1 must be in good condition, and may not have been subject to unauthorized modifications, obvious abuse, or acts of nature like damage due to lightning strikes or power surges. **
- To take advantage of this trade-in offer, your original XMC-1 must be returned to our factory here in the USA, and your new RMC-1 will be shipped to you from this location.
- Certified Refurbished units do not qualify for this program.
- US customers will be charged an additional flat-rate shipping fee of $50, which will cover the cost of shipping your original XMC-1 to us and shipping your new RMC-1 out to you. If you need original packaging, we have it available at a nominal cost. Units will not be accepted in non-factory packaging.
- International customers will be responsible for the cost of shipping their original XMC-1 to us and will be charged the actual fee of shipping their new RMC-1 out to them.
(*) All new Emotiva products include a transferrable warranty, which we consider to be a valuable part of your purchase. This warranty ensures that you will receive the support you deserve and will be able to continue to enjoy your Emotiva gear for many years. If you purchase an Emotiva product on the used market and it is still under the factory warranty period, you should expect the current owner to transfer the remainder of their warranty to you. Eligibility for certain offers, as well as warranty coverage itself, will depend on our ability to verify your status as a valid owner. (Note that certain factory renewed products, and certain clearance products, may be sold with a limited warranty. If so, this limited warranty will be clearly noted as a condition of sale.)
(**) While we do not require your XMC-1 to be in as-new condition to be eligible for this trade-in offer; we do reserve the right to disqualify units that have been subject to obvious abuse or serious cosmetic damage – at our sole discretion. If there is any doubt, we may request additional information to confirm the condition of your XMC-1 before trading it in.
All trade-in eligibility is at our sole discretion. Any missing accessories, such as remote controls, measurement microphones, original packaging, etc. will be charged to you in addition to the trade-in cost.
List of factory accessories: XMC-1 Remote, Dirac Calibration Microphone, USB Microphone cable, Microphone stand, IEC power cable, FM Antennae, AM Antennae.
Audio Built for You
We invest heavily in quality, design, and engineering to assure you that every Emotiva product will deliver best in class performance.
30 day risk free trial
No-hassle return policy. We’ll issue you an RMA number with the return instructions.
Systems that work together
Every Emotiva product has been designed and engineered to work seamlessly together.
What can you say to this... great that a company will reach out and make such an offer! I love the way they care about their clients, and are active in delivering a product that is evolving with time! OK... It is most definitely not perfect, and they still need a few tweaks on input switching - seems an ever present gotcha with the XMC/RMC, but aside from that - awesome!!
Recently my theater/music room went through a upgrade to prepare for Atmos and DTS X. I had been using the XMC-1 with great success since it's conception but new that it was not able to support those sound formats. Admitingly I look at other options but none offered the sound ,look or price I desired and then the RMC-1 was made available so the decision was made to take advantage of a upgrade/trade in. My 1st impression are that it's a beautiful looking unit front and back with the single button on the front being very intuative. Currently my room is setup for 5.2.4 so it's a simple setup but once the audio codecs get refined the plan is to go with additional channels and the RMC can cover with potential expansions. The sound is actually a bit better when comparing the RMC (no dirac) to the XMC (with dirac) in that I hear more depth in my music and the lower frequencies are much more pronounced. The RMC has seen some great support with firmware upgrades to make the experience better and once it receives the Dirac upgrade it will be very difficult to compete with the RMC which is in a very crowded field of processors.
*All reviews have been incentivized