- Specs & Downloads
The Airmotiv S8 Flex Subwoofer is an exceptionally capable compact powered subwoofer that features a heavy-duty 8” downward-firing woofer coupled to a forward-firing passive radiator — driven by an efficient, cool-running 200 watt Class D amplifier. The Airmotiv S8 Subwoofer delivers plenty of clean low bass to add authority to the lowest octaves of your favorite music, with enough raw power to shake the floor when a movie soundtrack calls for it. Compact enough to fit conveniently in a typical den or living room, the cabinet of the Airmotiv S8 is covered in attractive and durable textured black vinyl, with all connections and controls located discreetly on the rear. The front baffle features a beautiful, removable sculpted fabric grille.
In addition to excellent sound quality and a compact footprint, the Airmotiv S8 features exceptionally versatile and flexible configuration options. The Airmotiv S8 can connect to the LFE output on a home theater preamp/processor or AVR, line outputs on a preamp, or directly to the speaker outputs of an AVR or stereo receiver that doesn’t include a sub output. The Airmotiv S8 also includes a built-in precision electronic crossover and can upgrade any stereo preamp or DAC to a fully capable 2.1 channel system. Rear panel controls for Level, Phase, Crossover Frequency, and Turn-On Mode allow you to configure it to work perfectly with the rest of your system.
If you want the absolute best in sound quality, no system is complete without a high-quality subwoofer. Emotiva Airmotiv Subwoofers are designed to sound great with both music and movies. They combine the raw power necessary to reproduce the sound of a rocket taking off, or the roar of a speeding locomotive, with the precision and finesse you need to hear the subtlest details in a complex bass line.
The Airmotiv S8 Flex Subwoofer is the newest member of our family of Airmotiv subwoofers. Each Airmotiv sub includes a downward-firing heavy duty high excursion powered bass driver, a front-mounted performance-matched high excursion passive radiator, and a powerful audiophile quality amplifier. The cabinet of the Airmotiv S8 is crafted of heavily braced acoustically inert MDF, with integral shock-absorbing feet, and the entire cabinet is coated with durable yet attractive textured vinyl. The understated design aesthetic, includes an attractive removable sculpted fabric grill and blends well with almost any decor. All of the controls and connections are located conveniently out of sight on the rear panel.
Audiophile Quality Electronics
· The efficient, audiophile quality, Class-D amplifier provides 200 watts RMS of clean power to drive the Airmotiv S8 to satisfying listening levels.
· An effective but transparent audio limiter ensures that the Airmotiv S8 always sounds good, but is almost impossible to overdrive.
· The S8 can be configured to remain on, to be switched on manually, or to automatically switch itself on when it senses music at its inputs.
· Both speaker level and line-level inputs for maximum flexibility and compatibility with a wide variety of different systems.
· Rear panel controls allow you to configure the Level, Crossover Frequency, and Phase for a perfect match with the rest of your system.
· Internal 2.1 channel precision line-level crossover for use with preamps, DACs, and other audio sources that don’t otherwise support a subwoofer - allowing you to add fully active bass management to systems that don’t already include it. Simply connect the output of your preamp or DAC to the Flex Sub, and then connect the line-level outputs of the Flex Sub to the inputs of your power amp. Low-frequency content is routed directly to the internal amp on the Flex Sub, while the remainder of the audio spectrum is routed to your main power amp, and are both controlled by the fully active bass management in the Flex Sub.
Everything Starts With Great Drivers
· 8” heavy-duty long-throw subwoofer with vented steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
· 8” passive radiator, with rubber surround, steel frame, and treated paper cone.
A Great Subwoofer Needs A Great Cabinet
· A heavy, acoustically inert, MDF cabinet keeps distracting cabinet noises and vibration to an absolute minimum.
· Integral feet, with non-slip decoupling pads, protect delicate floors, and ensure that your Airmotiv S8 Sub will stay exactly where you want it.
· The exterior of the Airmotiv S8 is covered in attractive yet durable textured vinyl
Active driver: 8” downward firing heavy duty long throw subwoofer with a vented steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
Passive radiator: 8” front firing passive radiator with a steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
Amplifier: 200 Watt RMS, cool running, audiophile quality, high efficiency Class D
Protection: Acoustically transparent limiter.
Frequency response: 33 Hz - 200 Hz (+/- 3 dB).
Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA inputs
LFE unbalanced RCA input
Speaker level left and right inputs
Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA stereo inputs
(with user-configurable 60/80/100 Hz high-pass bass management crossover).
X-Over Frequency (low-pass)
High-pass Crossover Frequency
AC power: User selectable line voltage;
115 VAC/60 Hz (6.3A Fuse); 230 VAC/50 Hz (3A Fuse).
Cabinet: Heavy, acoustically inert MDF cabinet, covered on all sides with tough
attractive textured vinyl. Includes a removable sculpted fabric grill with heavy vibration resistant MDF support frame.
Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
Enclosure Loading: Tuned passive radiator.
11-3/4” high x 11-3/4” wide x 11-3/4” deep (unboxed).
(add ¾” for grill; add 1-1/2” for feet)
Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
Weight: 19.2 lbs (unboxed).
The Airmotiv S8 Flex Sub can be configured in a variety of different ways, making it the perfect solution for adding a subwoofer to virtually any surround sound system, or for adding a subwoofer and bass management to almost any two-channel system.
- System Configuration #1: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with built-in bass management and a subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #2: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with a subwoofer output, but with no built-in bass management.
- System Configuration #3: A stereo preamp or processor that has line-level connections to a separate power amp but lacks a separate subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #4: An AVR or integrated amplifier that has no line level outputs or internal bass management.
- System Configuration #5: You have a stereo receiver or integrated amplifier, which has no subwoofer output or bass management, and that you wish to use with a subwoofer and a separate power amplifier.
Audio Built for You
We invest heavily in quality, design, and engineering to assure you that every Emotiva product will deliver best in class performance.
30 day risk free trial
No-hassle return policy. We’ll issue you an RMA number with the return instructions.
Systems that work together
Every Emotiva product has been designed and engineered to work seamlessly together.
*All reviews have been incentivized