- Specs & Downloads
If you want the absolute best in sound quality, no system is complete without a high-quality subwoofer. Emotiva Airmotiv Subwoofers are designed to sound great with both music and movies. They combine the raw power necessary to reproduce the sound of a rocket taking off, or the roar of a speeding locomotive, with the precision and finesse you need to hear the subtlest details in a complex bass line.
The Airmotiv SE12 Flex Subwoofer is the newest member of our family of Airmotiv subwoofers. The Airmotiv SE8 and the new Airmotiv SE12 share identical features, but the SE12 is somewhat larger, delivers more power, and has a frequency response that extends lower, allowing even more authority at the lowest frequencies. Each Airmotiv sub includes a downward-firing heavy duty high excursion powered bass driver, a front-mounted performance-matched high excursion passive radiator, and a powerful audiophile quality amplifier. The cabinets on our Airmotiv Flex subwoofers are crafted of heavily braced acoustically inert MDF, with integral shock-absorbing feet, and a durable yet attractive textured vinyl coating. The understated design aesthetic includes an attractive removable sculpted fabric grill and blends well with almost any decor. All of the controls and connections are located conveniently out of sight on the rear panel.
In addition to excellent sound quality, incredible value, and a compact footprint, the Airmotiv SE12 features exceptionally versatile and flexible configuration options. The Airmotiv SE12 can be connected to the LFE output on a home theater preamp/processor or AVR, or to the line outputs on a preamp, or directly to the speaker outputs of an AVR or stereo receiver that doesn’t include a separate subwoofer output. Thanks to the Airmotiv SE12’s built-in precision electronic crossover it can be used to upgrade virtually any two-channel stereo preamp or DAC with an external amplifier into a fully active 2.1 system. Rear panel controls for Level, Phase, High/Low Crossover Frequency, and Turn-On Mode allow you to configure the SE12 to blend smoothly with any system.
Audiophile Quality Electronics
· The efficient, audiophile quality, Class-D amplifier provides 200 watts RMS/400 watts peak power to drive the Airmotiv SE12 to satisfying listening levels.
· An effective, transparent audio limiter ensures that the Airmotiv SE12 always sounds good, but is nearly impossible to overdrive.
· The SE12 can be configured to remain on, to be switched on manually, or to automatically switch itself on when it senses music at its inputs.
· Both speaker level and line-level inputs are included for maximum flexibility and compatibility with all types of systems.
· Rear panel controls allow you to configure the Bass Level, High Pass Crossover Frequency, Low Pass Crossover Frequency, and Phase for a perfect match with the rest of your system.
· Internal 2.1 channel precision line-level crossover for use with preamps, DACs, and other audio sources that don’t otherwise support a subwoofer - allowing you to add fully active bass management to systems that don’t already include it.
Simply connect the output of your preamp or DAC to the Flex Sub, and then connect the line-level outputs of the Flex Sub to the inputs of your power amp. Low-frequency content is routed directly to the internal amp on the Flex Sub, while the remainder of the audio spectrum is routed to your main power amp, and are both controlled by the fully active bass management in the Flex Sub.
Everything Starts With Great Drivers
· 12” heavy-duty long-throw subwoofer with motor assembly, NBR surround, and treated paper cone.
· 12” passive radiator, with rubber surround, steel frame, and treated paper cone.
A Great Subwoofer Needs A Great Cabinet
· A heavy, acoustically inert, internally braced MDF cabinet keeps distracting cabinet noises and vibration to an absolute minimum.
· Integral feet, with non-slip decoupling pads, protect delicate floors, and ensure that your Airmotiv SE12 Sub will stay exactly where you want it.
· The exterior of the Airmotiv SE12 is covered in attractive yet durable textured finish with a removable cloth covered grill.
- Active driver: 12” downward firing heavy duty, long throw subwoofer with a vented steel frame, 2" voice coil, NBR surround, and treated paper cone.
- Passive radiator: 12” front firing passive radiator with a steel frame, rubber surround, and treated paper cone.
- Amplifier: 200 Watt RMS, 400 watts peak. Cool running, audiophile quality, high efficiency Class D amplifier.
- Protection: Acoustically transparent limiter.
- Frequency response: 28 Hz - 200 Hz (+/- 3 dB).
- Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA inputs.
- LFE unbalanced RCA input.
- Speaker level left and right inputs.
- Stereo left and right unbalanced RCA stereo inputs with user-configurable 60/80/100 Hz high-pass, 12 dB/octave bass high pass RCA output.
- High Pass THD >.005%
- X-Over Frequency (low-pass)
- High-pass Crossover Frequency
- AC power: User selectable line voltage; 115 VAC/60 Hz (6.3A Fuse); 230 VAC/50 Hz (3A Fuse).
- Heavy, acoustically inert MDF cabinet, covered on all sides with tough attractive textured vinyl. Includes a removable sculpted fabric grill with heavy vibration resistant MDF support frame.
- Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
- Enclosure Loading: Tuned passive radiator.
- 15-3/4” high x 15-3/4” wide x 15-3/4” deep unboxed.
- 17" x 17" x 17" boxed.
- Feet: Permanently attached feet with anti-slip rubber pads.
- Weight: 46 lbs unboxed. 50 lbs boxed.
The Airmotiv SE12 Flex Sub can be configured in a variety of different ways, making it the perfect solution for adding a subwoofer to virtually any surround sound system, or for adding a subwoofer and bass management to almost any two-channel system.
- System Configuration #1: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with built-in bass management and a subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #2: A surround sound preamp/processor, A/V receiver, or stereo preamp, with a subwoofer output, but with no built-in bass management.
- System Configuration #3: A stereo preamp or processor that has line-level connections to a separate power amp but lacks a separate subwoofer output.
- System Configuration #4: An AVR or integrated amplifier that has no line level outputs or internal bass management.
- System Configuration #5: You have a stereo receiver or integrated amplifier, which has no subwoofer output or bass management, and that you wish to use with a subwoofer and a separate power amplifier.
Airmotiv SE Subwoofer User Manual
Audio Built for You
We invest heavily in quality, design, and engineering to assure you that every Emotiva product will deliver best in class performance.
30 day risk free trial
No-hassle return policy. We’ll issue you an RMA number with the return instructions.
Systems that work together
Every Emotiva product has been designed and engineered to work seamlessly together.
*All reviews have been incentivized